Many states use a different term what would be classified in Texas as Driving While Intoxicated (DWI). A large majority of states actually refer to it as Driving Under the Influence (DUI). However, there is a very significant difference between an offense in Texas for DWI vs. DUI. Regardless of the terminology, and also as a result of many prevailing misconceptions related to charges of DWI what elements constitute it being a criminal offense are very commonly misunderstood.
DWI Defense is very much a niche practice, the laws are always changing and evolving, which can result in many people being overwhelmed, worried, and scared subsequent to being arrested for DWI. It is the criminal offense that no doubt usually an individual who has never been arrested or been involved with law enforcement before can find themselves trying to understand and comprehend the nature of the proceedings, and how best to proceed and how the best approach to handle the case should be. An arrest and a possible conviction for a DWI charge in Texas can carry very steep and severe penalties and punishment which can result, and it also can cause a person to harbor a certain social stigma from being put in the position of having to navigate through the Texas criminal justice system.
- An Overview of DWI Defense
- What Happens When Someone Is Pulled Over On Suspicion Of DWI
- Roadside Field Sobriety Tests And Refusals In Texas
- What Does The Police Officer Need In Order To Arrest Me?
- What Are My Rights When I Am In Police Custody On A DWI Charge? Can I Call An Attorney For Advice?
- Mistakes That People Make Before And After A DWI Arrest
- What Paperwork Will I Have When I Am Released From Jail In A DWI Case?
- What Happens To My Driver’s License In A DWI Arrest?
- ALR Hearings
- When Do I Have To First Appear In Court After Being Arrested For A DWI?
- How Do You Decide Whether Or Not To Take A DWI Case To Trial In Texas?
- What Can I Expect To Happen If My DWI Case Goes To Trial?
- Penalties, Punishment Ranges And Collateral Consequences Of A DWI Conviction In Texas
- Which Attorney Should I Hire?
- What Advice Would You Give To Potential Clients Facing A DWI Charge?
- How Can I Help Get A Favorable Outcome In My DWI Case?
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
Call For A Free Consultation